Can I mush up some veggies for my 6 month old to eat?

She's almost 6 months, and I know she needs to start eating veggie mush. Green veggies first, then the orange ones, then fruit, and introduce one new food each week...

But I was wondering, could I just mush up veggies to feed her? If I do, how would I? Stick it in a blender? Add any water?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cook it, stick it in a blender and if it's too thick add some water ot juice to it. Here's a web site that has baby food recipies
    http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 12:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• of cousre but one veggie at a time if u give her carrots give her a couple bites and dont introduce a new one for at least three or four days to make sure there is no allergic reaction
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yes yes yes, I mashed Broccoli, green beans, banana, even everything we ate includin pasta, chicken and more as I felt he was ready for.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 12:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Definalty home made baby food is better then the jars. I always used the food prcessor. You can add water if you like but I have found most vegies once cooked have enough liquid in them.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 12:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yep its a good time to start. one at a time and wait 3 or 4 days befor staring a new one. have you given her cearel first though? thats recomended first i think or atleast it was when i had my son 7years ago lol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yes, you can actually buy baby food makers that moosh up the food perfectly for little ones.........and you can save money and make whatever combinations you want (after you know what she likes and is not allergic to)
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Steam, and mush with a fork, or food processor. It's a good time to introduce, but if she's not interested, it's ok. You can always try again in a few weeks.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• SOme you can mush with a fork, some it's easier with a blender or good foor processor. I always add formula for added vitamins if more liquid is needed. GL

Making all the baby food sounds more daunting than it really is.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 1:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• thanks you guys!!! esp. for the website that's very useful.
    Anonymous