Liquids and pregnancy tests?

If you are going to take a pregnancy test with your first morning urine, can what you drink the night before affect it? I know that it test for hcg but your urine is supossed to be less diluted in the morning to be more accurate. So if you drink lots of water, alchole, juice ect the night before would it affect the results? Thanks to everyone who answers

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well I'd hope if you think you're pregnant you're not drinking alcohol the night before!
    Nothing will give you an innacurate reading BTW

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• lol Im not it was just an example.
    lillysmama2008

Comment by lillysmama2008 (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• If your far enough along I dont think it really matters BUT I would just stick with water. Hopefully no alcohol. If its positive you would have to get use to drinking a BUNCH of water anyways so why not get a head start and if your not the water is still good for your body.
    Granolamama3795

Answer by Granolamama3795 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• even if you drink coke sprite juice milk water its still gonna say positive if you are and negative if you arent...but yeah i would hope the alcohol was just an example lol
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2011