I am being slandered by another parent at my daughter's school

My daughter is in 4th grade. This mother has been slandering me & my family for about 3 years now. This mother has some involvement in school activities and thinks she's the queen bee.This mother is also friends with another mother who I had a falling out with because of questionable activities going on in her home. This year when my daughter started school she is in the same class as the mothers daughter who is slandering my family. I've noticed that other moms who I've been friends with are becoming quite distant and is getting worse as the year is going on. Tonight a father of a different parent came to my home & told my husband & I that if we go any where near his family,house,kids he will call the police. My daughter is devastated because she was good friends with his daughter. She is afraid to go to school tomorrow. I was very good friends with the mom all summer and things changed. She has had some contact with the mother who is slandering us & now things are really out of control. There is a lot more to the story but if anyone can give me any advice & help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Andrea M.

Asked by Andrea M. at 9:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Time to get the police involved

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• How is she slandering?  I mean, what kinds of things is she saying?  Personally I would call her and tell her to shutup because even if she didn't, it would make me feel better.  Yeah, give us the whole story!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• this seems like a issue that has escalate to the point of no return..i would honestly find out why this women is making these false allegations against you..if your daughters school has some form of mediation that both you and the other mother can sit down and come to a mutual understanding and work out the issues i would do that
    if not contact the head person of the ptas and see if a meeting can be set up to resolve this

hope this helps
    bobbys4eva

Answer by bobbys4eva at 9:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• First of all I'd talk with the man that came to your house to see WTF that was about. Then I'd be talking to the principal, explain it all in detail and ask for some help in protecting your child form these bullies. And DO use the word BULLY since school officials are very sensitive to this issue right now.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I hear about this kind of thing, but I have never experienced it myself (my kids are still young). I am assuming you can't move to a different town? So, end of the day, you want to be civil with these people for your daughter's sake, correct? For whatever it's worth, my suggestion is to invite these people to your house for cake and coffee (have the kids out of the house) and just talk it out calmly like normal adults (at least you have to be calm).
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Surely the man told you and your husband why he requested such a drastic thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• See a lawyer and sue them
    Anonymous

• It must be something serious.

If you are innocent, you need to speak with a lawyer.

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Some people just don't know when to grow up. I don't know what she is saying but there is no need for such behavior. I mean she is an adult not a pubescent tween. Hope it all works out sweety. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would get in contact with the ringleader of all this mess.. Even if its just through e-mail! Let her know how you are feeling.. and ask her why she is making a point to ruin your relationships with other moms? Her behavior is really grade school.. Its not only hurting you, but your daughter also.. and thats totally unacceptable on her part. She needs to grow up. Hope you get to the bottom of things! sometimes all it takes is for you to sick up to that person and let them know you will NOT be pushed around.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 10:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2011