vbac anyone?

So this is my second pregnancy and with my first i had to have c section becuz there was fetal distresse so they took him emergency c section. I wanted a vaginal birth this time so anyone had a vaginal birth after a c section? Did it go well and whats the best advice you can give me? My doctor is very supportive of me trying to have a vbac and believe its absolutly possible.

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I haven't had a VBAC, but it is wonderful that you have a supportive doctor. I think that will help it be more successful. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It is possible!! I've only had natural birth, but awesome job in trying to get opinions and get educated. I wish you luck
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Totally possible I am having mine in a few months. First one after my C-section.. I would just do a lot of research, and join the VBAC group here on cafemom.. Also concider doing a natural birth.. gives you an even better chance of having a successful VBAC.
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 3:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I've had 2 c-sections and my last birth was vaginal. It was pretty impossible to find an OB and the one I did find wanted to use pitocin if I went over. I always go over. I ended up using a midwife and having a homebirth, I'm glad I did. I'll never willingly use a hospital again.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2008