2 years old?? preschool or no preschool??

My grandparents babysit my son while i work. is it a good idea to introduce him to Preschool so he can be with other kids his age, or is it ok to wait a year??

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 9:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• where i'm from preschool is for 4yo.....everything before that is pretty much daycare.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Right by my house offers 2 and up... so im just wondering...
    sassy_brizzy

Comment by sassy_brizzy (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• yes I would wait...right now play is good enough learning as long as someone is reading and talking with him and counting..
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I did that with my daughter. It is an introduction to preschool. I felt that she was also ready for it. My daughter loved it. I was the one that was scared. The preschool teachers told me, she could understand certain commends better than the 3 year old class. The school that she goes to is only preschool not daycare. If you think he is ready put him in. They go in as little people and come out as big people. I was so impressed.
    Anonymous

• i'd wait till 3, just make sure you're having playdates, pointing out colors, letters, numbers, ect. playdates are so he learns to interact with the kids. i started my son at 3 instead of 2. the only reason my dd (2) is in preschool is because we fell on hard times, so i got a job. that's the only reason. i started off doing preschool at home with my son when he was 2 1/2, sat down and did calender, colors, numbers, letters, ect. also had playdates 1-2 times a week. he's one of the most advanced kids in his 3yr old class.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• ya he already knows all his colors and even points out different letters.
    he counts up to 3.
    sassy_brizzy

Comment by sassy_brizzy (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I love preschool. My odd started at 2 1/2 and went all the way until kindergarten. My ds will get on the waiting list at 18months.
    pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 10:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would wait at least a year. I'm doing 2 years of preschool and some ppl think that is even extreme. But only know you know what's best. GL in your decision.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would wait another year or 2 for preschool.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... what you do is your business! But I will add that besides social skills, a preschool will also have educational aspects as well... if an actual preschool/daycare, not just someone babysitting making claims... hahaha

I am a SAHM because I wanted to be the one raising our kids so I can fully respect those that feel family bonds are equally as important. And considering you are working, if it were me I would be inclined to lean towards social/education
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2011