Is the tummy bug at all avoidable once someone in the house has it?

I am cleaning nonstop to avoid the spread of the germs. Am I wasting my time? I wash dishes by hand so I am boiling water and washing dishes in boiling water, I am disinfecting everywhere, I have all the kids (6) washing their hands routinely... I am taking oregano oil tablets and immune boosters. Me and 2 others are so far free of this terrible bug. I am serving good food. Am I doomed no matter how hard I try? Do I give up and just let it come or continue the fight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Health

• It depends on if you caught if quickly enough and how high each person's immune system is. My kids have been sick and I never got their stomach bug. Doctors see kids all the time with it and they don't necessarily get it. You may have done some quick thinking and caught it but if not, is doesn't last long.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• no, you can avoid it! the first time my kids all passed the bug around and it didn't stop until i started spraying everything and anything with lysol once they went to bed. the next time one got it i did that right away and it didn't spread to anyone else. they also all had pink eye, but i avoided that (my husband wasn't so lucky....he wasn't careful about washing his hands!). it's worth the fight! gl!!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• well dont stress about the cleaning u might make the house to clean lol! just take some vit c and wash ur hands and pray! lol! u should b fine! my hubby has had this awful cold for 3 weeks now and my dd and i have not had it yet *knock on wood* she is still breast feed and i take vit everyday! so there is no trick just kinda luck of the draw! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• ~*Giggles*~... sounds like my house... right now!!! Cleaning and even Lysol'ing everything is pointless... they breath the same air as you... coughing/sneezing goes up to 20feet!!! I am now catching it... ~*Sigh*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• lol to above
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:54 AM on Feb. 10, 2011