Who makes the decisions...

You or Your S/O? (when it comes to money and kids)

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• money....investments and paying bills, my husband does. money....what to buy or how much to budget is either up to me or a team effort.
    kids.....all me.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We discuss everything, but generally he goes along with whatever I say. Most parenting things he doesn't think about, so he has no real opinions on that. For the money, I am the budgetor and he is the spender, so he listens to me.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We make all major decisions together.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Both. If it's something important, we both talk it out to come to a decision.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Kids - me. Money - equally. He pays the bills and things of that nature, and I do the shopping for the house (groceries and stuff).
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Well my boyfriend is home only 4 or so hours with out 16 month old while i'm at work.. and then i'm home with him the rest of the day.. so i would say as far as the kiddo goes.. i handle him.

Since he makes the majority of the money.. i let him handle bills and we do everything else money-wise together. groceries... extra spending on activities and whatnot.

we try to do everything as a team but our work schedules make it hard sometimes.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 10:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• For the most part we are a "TEAM", but most financial are his, and I will do what needed with kids since I am a SAHM... we still talk and call each other on the spot if needed
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• we make all big decisions together.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 10:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We both do...but i manage the bills and make sure there is enough money to pay the bills. We both take care of my son...but daddy mainly does the fun play stuff where i do the main hard work lol
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We more or less go along with each other on major decisions, we both like the other to be happy with what we are doing, or buying. If one of us really disagrees we feel free to say no and why, then we go from there. I don't force on him and visa versa, but I did tend to let him have more control over the kids growing up w/discipline. I do the checkbook and bills, we were married very young & he was in The Marines and away a lot, so he left it up to me, and UNFORTUNATELY, he has left the damn job with me almost 48 yrs now, HUG. !! But there was never a control of any money, we just weren't use to that from the start of our marriage.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011