Get old VHS onto a DVD?

So I've never looked into this before and thought someone on here might know...I have about 5 old VHS tapes that my mom recorded of me and my little brother when we were little and she's on there too and they mean even more to me now since she passed away. How can I get them onto a DVD? Does the DVD recorders do that? Like the ones you buy at WalMart?

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Technology

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• There's software you can buy that allows you to convert VHS movies to DVD using your TV and your computer ... VERY easy to use ... you hook up a cable, play your VHS tapes, and your computer burns it to DVD. I just converted all my VHS tapes. I used Roxio but I'm sure there are other brands out there.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• they have machines that do that. they would be at best buy, walmart, etc. but of course make sure you get the one that has a vhs player....not all of them do (unless you have a vcr, and then hook it up, depends on what you want i guess)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Thanks! I still have my old VCR that I could hook up to it. I just wasn't sure if those machines were what you use or not.
    misspriss_1987

Comment by misspriss_1987 (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I snagged one like that, will not just play both on the TV... but also converts VHS into DVD... SONY
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2011