I need help with PayPal!

I make my own jewelry and I'm trying to start a home business using Facebook. I'm new to the whole PayPal thing. I have an account set up and ready to go and I have a page for my business set up on Facebook. I basically have no idea what I'm doing though lol. I don't even know what I want to ask. Is there anyone out there that has a home business that can help me?

courtloux_128

Asked by courtloux_128 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm not sure if this will help. Maybe leave a website address of your business on your Fb page in case they are interested.
    Anonymous

• All someone needs to send money to your paypal is the e-mail address linked to the account. I suppose you could have them send it to that paypal account, then send them their item. Good luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I am assuming you are wanting to add a link for people to pay you via Paypal and your site. So, when you get into Paypal, go to the Merchant Services tab, there you will find the Buy Now Button or Add to Cart Button. That is where you set up the services for people to pay you via Paypal. Also on that screen are all the services you will need for utilizing Paypal as your funding source.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I use PayPal for selling and purchasing on ebay. Please check the protection programs to make sure you're covered when selling and shipping items to people. I know there are certain steps you may need to take to make sure your covered as a seller. good luck

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 1:48 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You can also e-mail someone an invoice through PayPal.

Honestly, I don't know how many sales you'll get using Facebook. It would be better to set up a stand alone website for your business. Not only will you look more legit, but you can program the website to accept payments automatically.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You can send invoices but you can just tell customers to "paypal" you the money at your e-mail address.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• HotMama it can actually do very well. There is a friend of mine who literally does over $10,000 in sales on ebay a MONTH.....now she doesn't sell as much on ebay anymore, but does MORE than $10,000 a month through facebook and saves a LOT of fees.

She does really well because she invites her ebay customers to like her facebook page, then she posts pics and prices and it's first come first served. She does truly AMAZING. Her business facebook, if you want to see for reference is: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Audraedandeddie/160146700663570
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2011