Why does my son act this way?

He has been interested in the potty since he was 19 months old. I haven't pushed the idea of potty training much...but do try to let him go set on the potty. He tells me when he has peed and when he has pooped and will even run to the bathroom and get on the potty but if I even mention "hey bub do you need to potty or do you want to try to peepee in the potty" he will run from me and scream no crying. He is ready by all the signals he gives in pottying...he even wakes up dry from night and naps....what is going on? He is 25 months old so i konw he is a bit young still but just wondering if he is the only one that does this or is there other toddlers that do this and why?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is the same age almost and he does the same thing. He will not go if I ask him to. He will go himself. It's weird but I am still trying to get him to go.
    mommyof2_1989

Answer by mommyof2_1989 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• He may just not be quite there yet. Let him set the pace, at least for a while yet. Keep taking him, and he will probably be just fine.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Try rewarding him every time when he goes(1 m&m works wonders or small stickers,stamps)
    Sonshiner

Answer by Sonshiner at 12:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Just let him go own his own. My DD was very independent when she started going and I would let her go when she felt like she needed to go.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2011