My daughter.

My daughter is 4 going to be 5 in June. I am so stressed cause she never listens to me. Her father and I are going through a break-up and she does not listen at all. I am not sure of what to do anymore. Today she didn't to go to school so she hit me, pinched me (left brusies), called me numerous names. I am so confused. I am not sure of what to do if it is just because she is upset that daddy isn't home or what. I love her and the breakup has nothing to do with the kids we just don't get along. Have any of you been through this and what did you do?

mommyof2_1989

Asked by mommyof2_1989 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• find a family therapist she is angry and needs to find out how to express herself through talk/play therapy..... usually the therapist spends 30 minutes with the child then 20 minutes with the parent to talk about what went on. it will help out alot in the long run
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• What kind of names is she calling you and where did she learn them? I have 2 children -- one is 20 and the other is almost 4 and I can't imagine them calling me names OR hitting me! The one time my LO did say that I was a "meanie" -- I asked her how she would like it if someone called her names -- she said it would make her sad, so I explained that it makes mommy feel sad too and it hurt my feelings -- she has not done it since. Same goes with the hitting -- I reminded her of how it felt when another child hit her and asked if she really wanted to hurt mommy like that -- she tearfully exclaimed NO -- and hasn't done it since. Your child is angry, of that there is no doubt -- maybe consider a counselor at school or private if you cant do that! Good luck! You and your husband need to sit down together with her and explain that even though you can no longer live together, you both still love her SOOO much and its not her fault.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2011