Question for ppl under 5' 2"

I'm not quite 5' tall and I have the hardest time finding dress/work pants that are the right length. They have to be petite short.... for example 8 short isn't short enough, they have to be 8 petite short.
So my questions is...

Where do you shop that has a petite section? I found Banana Republic and a couple other higher end stores but who can afford to spend $100 on one pair of pants?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 10:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• i dont shop much for dress pants, but the few pairs i have were bought in an average length and then hemmed...alot of places around here will do a nice hem for $10, so i usually end up having under $50 invested in each pair, which is MUCH less than bananna republic (eventhough i LOVE thier clothes!) you could also try looking for things on ebay if you know exactly what size you wear in a particular brand.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Talbots has a great petite section.

Their clothes fit me perfectly especially the jeans.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I am 5'2 so don't know if I count but I am still short so I have found items at yard sales, my stepmother is good at hemming, and just getting the word out. I can't and won' t pay that much for a pair of work pants or any pair of pants. Also, they have little shops that can adjust length and all that. I would hem if I knew how lol. Best of luck to ya and i know how you feel.
    ConnectHearts

Answer by ConnectHearts at 10:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• they have quite an extensive petite section at marshalls.....i always end up in it somehow (i'm 5'10 and no, they don't have a 'tall' section!) go figure lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I have the same problem. I am 5'0 and none of my pants fit. I don't shop in the petite section though. I usually buy pants that fit and him the bottoms to where they look right.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Charmd... I had them hemmed once but I haven't done it myself, i paid an alteration place. Is it hard to do on your own?
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• JCPenney's has some petites. I think that Belk's does too. Have you done an online search to see what you can come up with for stores in your area?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Banana Republic or Gap on sale
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• https://www.buystylesnaps.com/?mid=1020870

I'm 5' and i always have a problem finding pants that fit but i did found 2 at old navy that fit prefectly.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2011