How much weight did you gain in first trimester?

I went in for my checkup today and am 9 1/2 weeks and have gained 3 pounds. Is that normal or too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I lost weighed the first 5 months because of morning sickness. I gained about 15 lbs the whole pregnancy and had an almost 9 pound baby.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I'm 18 weeks and have gained 4 pounds all together. It's not bad all women and pregnancy's are different.
    Anonymous

• don't get too worked up about following the weight 'rules'. but to answer your question....i gained 10lbs. with my first, 0lbs. with my other two. they all were healthy. how much weight you should gain depends on alot of things, but mostly your pre-pregnancy weight (underweight should ideally gain more, and overweight/obese should gain less). but like i said don't get too wrapped up in the weight guidelines....if you're eating a healthy diet and the baby is growing normally it doesn't matter how much or how little you gain because every woman is different.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I also lost weight the first 5-6 months of my pregnancy due to morning sickness. I gained atleast 10lbs throughout my prenancy.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• thats about normal. this is my second baby and i'm 14 weeks 3 days now and i went in 2 days before christmas. i gained 3 pounds at that point and i was 7 weeks at that appt. then i went in 2 weeks ago and dropped 4 pounds. course by the next day and eating a little better i gained a pound back that quickly.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 11:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I think I gained about 12 lbs. I gained 50 in total during the pregnancy. I lost 37 of it right after giving birth. I'm convinced the 13 lbs of fat were all gained in the first trimester...because I couldn't stop eating, lol!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I lost weight during the first trimester with my first pregnancy, and didn't gain anything the first trimester of my 2nd or 3rd pregnancy.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:20 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I lost weight during the first trimester of all 3 of my pregnancies. Even my 3rd which ended at 5 weeks 6 days, I lost 3 pounds.

Everyone is different though.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• your gainin the right amount iv gone up and down sence i have been preg as of right now at 37 weeks im right where i started b4 i was preg
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i keep losing weight...i lost 11 pounds in 2 months then gained 7 in two weeks and lost it all again because i increased healthy food and excercise..however i do know that i gained about 6 pounds until my 15th week...just depends on your baby and how he or she is growing right now...you could have hit a growth spurt lol
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011