Could they guess at the sex of the baby at 12 1/2 week ultrasound?

I go in a few weeks to check the thickness of the babies neck to see if there is a chance it has Downs. Would they be able to tell the sex of the baby or at least give me a guess? I am really hoping for a boy so can you see anything for a boy that early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it will not be accurate that early.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• it might not be accurate but I will tell you they told me I was having a boy at 10 weeks and I had a little boy. good luck hun!
    mommyof2_1989

Answer by mommyof2_1989 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I have a friend who had an ultra-sound around 15 wks. They couldn't tell the sex of the baby but they did tell her it was a boy due to the heart rate. Then on her next ultra-sound they told her for a fact that it was a boy.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i found out i was having a boy at 14 weeks. they may be able to give you a guess if the baby is in the right position, but i wouldnt count on it.
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• They might but its too early to be sure yet.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Sometimes they can, if you have an experienced tech and the baby is in the right position. I believe it's called a genital tubercle. I'm too lazy to google the proper term but that sounds right. Anyways they measure the angle of the genitals and at 12 weeks it's supposed to be pretty accurate. Google it if you're interested in more info.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Anyone can guess but accuracy is ify
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• They can make a pretty good guess at it, but i wouldnt bet 100% on it. I was told at 16 weeks it was a boy but they wouldnt confirm it until 22 weeks. A friend of mine had an ultrasound at 14 weeks and they told her it was a girl. She just went back for her 22 week u/s and it was actually a boy. So no i would say that early is too early and i would wait.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 10:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• it usually takes till closer to 20 weeks to tell or sure but if its already developing and they get a clear view they may be able to guess good luck
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• They might beable to tell if they are really good and willing to tell you.
    Try the intelligender test. Its easy you have to be at least 11wks you just wait til the morning and pee in a cup green/black its a boy and yellow/orangish its a girl. I did it with my last son it said a boy and it was right and we did another one with my baby I am carring now and it said a boy. I go next thurs for my ultra sound so I will know for sure then but I am pretty sure I am having another boy. They are about $25- $30 though.

http://www.intelligender.com/home.htm l there's the website if you wanna check it out.

Good luck :)
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2011