Wigs

Do any of you wear them like all the time? I need to get one due to hair thinning. It's starting to make me depressed. Anyways, im TERRIFIED. what if it looks crappy, fake, falls off.

I want my life and confidence back. :(

Im going to order one online. Do you use synthetic or human? Does synthetic look just as real? Do you not tell people its a wig. I want to know EVERYTHING.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• real hair looks and feels better , maybe a hair piece you add to your own - mix in with your own
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i would suggest going to a beauty store and trying on wigs instead of buying one online. you go and pick out what style, color, etc. you like the best and then they will cut/style it while you're wearing it to make it custom fitted to you. definately go for a high quality human hair wig. iknow it's expensive, but if you're going to be wearing it every day then you want it to look great. the stylist will also tell you how to take care of it. if you're afraid, go to a couple of different stores to browse and then don't try on anything until you find a store that you feel comfortable with the staff and there are not too many customers coming in/out (avoid going on the weekend or after work...it will be more crowded then). don't be embarassed.....i'm sure you'll look great!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• no i don't wear wigs. i think u should go to a wig shop instead of ordering it online because you can try as many wigs as you can and you will have the shop keeper help you and give you feed back when you are trying them on. NO synthetic doesn't look as real, i heard that human hair wigs are better. gl. hope u find a good one or even a few to help u feel better about your self.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I have the same problem. I bought the microfiber wig and love it. I have bought several online from paulayoung.com and like them too. Folks who know me know it's a wig bc my wigs are not my hair color. We should start a group for wig wearer's!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I think real hair s better. More expensive but last longer and looks better. As for telling people,it's yor choice. I personally dont care what people think. If they ask,I tell them .And if they try to judge, I usually tell them to F.. off.
    whiskey80

Answer by whiskey80 at 3:18 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have a blond wig for halloween and to play undercover at the mall.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 5:35 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i would try extentions first and see how that works out for you.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2011