When you have guests at your house do you make them take their shoes off ?

whistlingdo you get offended when someone asks you to take your shoes off?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I remove mine. I do want shoes off in my house as well.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It doesn't offend me at all. And yes I do ask ppl to take their shoes off, even if its the cable man. I have kids that play in the floor all day. Carpet isn't always a breeze to get stains out and third Think about where shoes have been. Parking lots, public bathrooms.....do you really want that stuff in your house?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• hum, I don't know if I have been asked that. I would never ask someone that I think it is kind of rude, it is almost like treating someone like a child. I would never ask my friends " did you wash after going to the little boys room"? why have people over if you don't want them on your floor? Or why get that flooring if you can't walk on it.
    I have pale carpet and it gets spilled on all the time. I have a small steam cleaner that works great so when guests leave I whip it out and so far it has got everything out.
    however.... SweetLoveofMine makes a lot of since about having small kids playing. I don't have children yet so maybe I will feel different about it then.
    I can see both views
    I say your home set your rules and if people are offended then don't have them over
    sierramagic

Answer by sierramagic at 12:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No I don't ask people to take their shoes off, and I don't get offend if I'm asked to remove mine. Everyone's different and I can respect what each one wants in their home.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No, and I've never been asked to remove my shoes.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It's either socks or slippers.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 11:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It's not a rule at our house but if someone has the rule in their house, I don't get offended. I did once ask someone not to put their feet up on my coffee table though.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I dont' like taking my shoes off personally, but if someone requests it of me I of course do. I'm in their home and I follow their rules.
    I request that people do take off their shoes, but a few guests have been known not to. It's not a requirement, but it is requested.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Wonder why some of the answers are getting voted down??

Yes we do ask that people remove their shoes. Never had a problem with it at all. I grew up that way. My dad made sure there we no shoes on in the house. Even when I was getting dressed for school. Whatever shoes were in my closet had to be taken downstairs and put on next to the door.

If someone asked me I would in an instant. I respect other peoples homes. Respect mine.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No, and no one has ever asked me to.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2011