What is a good sling/carrier for baby wearing?

I have a 2 year old who I tried baby wearing, and mostly it went well. However, I am a plus size mom so some slings and baby wearing carriers arn't very comfortable, for me or my son. I am pregnant again now, and want to get a sling or carrier for the new baby, since I believe very strongly in baby wearing. Any suggestions on a sling or baby carrier that will be comfortable for a newborn (and older) and a plus size mom?

Jinxiewolf

Asked by Jinxiewolf at 12:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm also a plus size mama. I used and loved the Moby style wrap for the newborn stage, and ring sling for a little older. My son is 15 mos and still loves the ring sling. My 3 year old can even ride in the ring sling occasionally.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• www.cutiecarriers.com -- i have heard great reviews about them.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have one that they sell at target its really comfortable when I bought it, it was like $30 and they have it on sell right now at target.com for $14.

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• ring slings are nice cause they are adjustable.. check on ebay theres alot of people that custom make them.. also mai tais are nice.. you can also get custom ones on ebay that dont cost 100.. those are both nice cause you adjust them and tie them yourself so no matter your size you can make it fit comfortably.
    JHjelle827

Answer by JHjelle827 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I really liked my SlingLing.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I had a...HotSling, maybe? Now I can't remember, but my guy could not fit in it right. I was bummed, because I'd been SO excited about using it. However, I LOVE my Baby Bjorn! When I was trying on different carriers in the store, that one actually felt comfortable on my body (I prefered having it on to not!), and my son seems to really like it, too!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Check out any kind of wrap. They come with a lot of fabric so that you can adjust them for any frame. I got mine at slingstation.com
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 6:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2008