Be (really) pregnant in winter or summer? WYR

By (really) pregnant I mean the last 3 months

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 12:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Winter. I was pregnant in the summer and felt like a big, sweaty elephant, lol! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Summer. I've been pregnant in winter (Due date was the 8th of this month) and seriously wearing a winter coat ontop of a huge belly is horrible. Mainly while trying to tote around two toddlers. It's not easy. Plus, getting around the snow, ice, and just plain cold is miserable anytime let alone at 9months pregnant.

Summer I could walk around in shorts and a "T". Go anywhere in flip flops.. The only downside I found was my feet and legs swelled soo much easier and a lot more often then they do now. Then again I'm more active now with two toddlers.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• winter... my son's birthday is June 3rd and I was in my house, bra and panties with a fan and cold wash cloths lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Defintely winter... even though this is my first pregnancy... it has been really nice to be able to go outside and feel the cool air when i get those heat flashes and feel faint. I would imagine in summer time the naturally hot pregnant body would feel extremely miserable in the hot heat of the summer.
    Mskixxalot

Answer by Mskixxalot at 12:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Winter. DS was born in August, and I just BAKED. Luckily, we had AC. We also don't get snow, so I wouldn't have to worry about falling on ice, but I've lived where that's an issue, and I wouldn't want to deal with that, either!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We are trying right now and I hope to have a late fall or late spring due date to take advantage of the milder weather those last few months!
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 1:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Summer. My son was due Aug. 26, and it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I could wear flip flops the entire summer (didn't have to worry about cramming my feet into shoes or trying to fasten my shoes or put on socks). I did swimming lessons with my 2-year-old daughter to cool off and spent a lot of time with her at the local wading pool. I wouldn't want to deal with trying to find a winter coat that would fit or worry about slipping on ice or snow.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 1:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have been pregnant in every season and the winter is the best time
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:54 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I live in Texas and I've done both.

Winter was WAY better! Holy cow...I thought I might have a heat stroke before I delivered my son!

I had the a/c running the last month with my daughter and she was born in february! Imagine how miserable I was in the summer. DH almost went into cardiac arrest when he saw the electric bill. LOL
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Winter- I have endured two hot summers while pregnant with my two and it was miserable. i couldn't get cool enough!
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:45 AM on Feb. 10, 2011