Omg i have this horrible cough and i breastfeed PLEASE HELP ME

is vicks okay during breastfeeding? i'm usin' it! cough drops dont work like they used to anymore so i need help!

i took a hot steamy bath, tried this thing ... 1/2 apple juice/ 1/2 orange juice and a tbls of syrup... cough drops ... i bought a ton of Orange Juice... and so what now?

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 12:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Health

• Try some Gypsy Cold Tea with some honey in it. Honey will help soothe your throat. The tea will help with the post-nasal drip, which is what's likely irritating your throat, making you cough. There's a night time version, too, that really knocks me out. You can also try Robitussin, I believe, but be aware anything that works as a decongestant, including Vick's, may dry up your supply some, so just be prepared for that. I never had huge issues with it, but it's a known side effect. Hang in there, mama! I hope you feel better soon! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• tea with honey & lemon
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Take a spoon full of honey.it helps.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Poor mommy....I breastfed and I always turned to hot tea, lemon, and honey...Take it slow and try not to stress out about it...sorry you are so miserable...hang in there.
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011