Should police officers disclose their finances to their employers if they work drug detail ?

to ensure they don't take bribes from the busted drug dealers...

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think finances are very important for some jobs. My husband is subject to a recurring review for his security clearance...they want to know about me too. I was also subject to reviews when I was a Trust Officer in a bank.

IMO, if you aren't comfortable disclosing your finances then perhaps you should look into a different job.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:35 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No, it's no ones business. The police dept. is already aware how much money the officer makes and annual income if married. Background check is done on family before they go to school to become an officer.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:24 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• They already do with a background check.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Disclose it to whom?
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• no.... and I would be more worried aout them taking the drugs or the money on the drug dealers.... but they just wouldn't deposit the bribe money in their bank account so it wouldn't help to do that
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:20 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Any employer can run a credit check on their employees that would pretty much give them all of their financial information. I do think it's appropriate, but I also think all of our politicians should have a credit check before they're allowed to take office.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• nope ... the finances should NOT be any of anyone elses concerns. And the "war" on drugs is a joke, when a dealer with a dime bag goes to jail for 20 years and a child molester gets out after 2 years and moves at the end of your block...
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Wouldn't the employer already know what they pay their own employees?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• YES
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:38 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• They file tax returns. If they make $60K and live in a $2 million home which the spouse couldn't buy, you might know there is something fishy.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:07 AM on Feb. 10, 2011