Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What website do you goto to apply for

low income housing?

my neice who is a teen mother(17) is going to be finishing high school early this year and she lives with me but she is looking for her own low income apartment/house we were told that it takes forever to get accepted on low income so were trying to do it an advance

Answer Question

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 12:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 15 (1,951 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I think it depends on the state. Maybe try looking at the state website (generally the state initials, .gov, like and search there.

    Answer by musicpisces at 12:22 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • In our state you have to do it in person. You can try

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • What musicpisces said is probably the best site.

    Answer by pswiley at 12:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • housing authority for what ever state

    Answer by letstalk747 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • Apply for public assistance funds at your local public assistance office. Check the phone book for locations and make sure to bring the required documents with you.

    Or search under Public Assistance Office and your state.


    Answer by musicmom08 at 9:21 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • usually its done in person, you need social security cards, paycheck stubs etc... its not usually an online thing.

    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:01 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • Go to the state office and apply.

    Answer by Baby4us09 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.