Have you ever participated in the Rocky Horror Picture Show?

I used to go all th time back in the early '90's...my three yr old son played Eddie in the cast..he would ride his trike up the center aisle of the theater and then play his bubble sax, lol...no bashing, please, I was really too young to be a mom at that point. I know better now, but we sure had fun and he looks back on it fondly!

shivasgirl

Asked by shivasgirl at 12:21 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes! In fact, I have a funny story. The first time I went, there was this awful Kiss cover band that opened, and we booed them off the stage, and demanded polka instead. The drummer (the only one in the group with any talent) came out and played us some polka on an accordion. Years later, I was with a sex buddy, talking. He told me about how he was, for a short time, the lead singer for this Kiss cover band that opened for Rocky Horror at the same theater, and how they got booed off the stage and the drummer came out and played polka for the audience. I was like, OMG, I booed you off the stage! LOL Totally random. Anyhow, I LOVED going to Rocky Horror in high school!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Oh, yeah, Back in another lifetime. 1980. Midnight Showing..wow were we all trustees of chemical science back then. thanks for the stroll down amnesia lane.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• nope , but wanted to go
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:24 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My dh used to perform when he was younger and, unfortunately, I was forced to dance in front of the whole audience to Sir Mix Alots Big Butts song for a preshow. I was so embarrassed.
    DYNARAH

Answer by DYNARAH at 12:37 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Never been but have always wanted to go
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 12:39 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yes i went a few years ago for a midnight showing. So much fun!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:45 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Finally last summer at the age of 49. We live down the street from a famous old theater, and they do live showings of Rocky Horror. I had never seen it, and a whole group of us went. I had a blast....although I was embarrassed when I found out my cousin had informed them I was a "virgin"!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• lol, I took my son to a new theater to see it again when he was 9, and the head of the cast came over to him before the show and said, "OOOOHhhh, we have a REAL Virgin in the house tonight" Laine looked him square in the eye and said, "Mister, I may not have been with a woman before, but me and Frank go back a loooong time, probably a lot longer than YOU!" Every laughed at the guy and cheered Laine!
    shivasgirl

Comment by shivasgirl (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I've been twice, but I didn't dress up or anything.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 1:21 AM on Feb. 10, 2011