Do you feel bad if a post or question on here doesnt get many hits or replies?

do you feel like this is a popularity contest?lol kinda like high school?

shivasgirl

Asked by shivasgirl at 12:24 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in About CafeMom

• ~*Honestly*~... I do feel bad that normal things get little to no attention while "Drama" posts usually by Anon people get tons??? Makes no sense... as for being like high school, many have yet to out grow that... hahaha... seen people in RL that still act like they were in grade school
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Nope. The only time I really worry about replies is when I actually need advice on something with my son or a recipe or something, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:27 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• rocking horseno. it's only cafemom NOT my therapist.........

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• depends on the time of day , but yeah i know what you mean
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• nope!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have noticed that some screen names get more feed back then others....but sometimes it has to do with the wording of the question..anyway to answer the question I do feel bad because I have been there and needing real answers and when nobody replies it feels like nobody is interested
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 12:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No but even on CM their are groups that support each other.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 2:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• not really
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I try not to take any of it personally. It could just be that some people are interested in different things that I am, and sometimes I think it depends what time of day I post a question--or if it's a subject that could fit in a couple different categories, maybe it would have had more replies in another section.

I have noticed that when I post something that's positive or implies we all have a lot of similarities, those questions get very few replies. If I post a question about something controversial or a topic that typically divides people, I often get pages and pages of answers from all different perspectives and people debating points with each other. People like--or at least are more likely to respond to drama. Very few seem to like the positive, feel good posts. Oh well. LOL
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Different categories see more traffic at different times of day. Some only see a lot of people on weekends. The only time I've seen a single question stay empty in an otherwise busy section, it's either not real clear or it's a duplicate of another question that's on the same page.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:35 AM on Feb. 10, 2011