My 3 year old is coughing and has running nose for over a month now what could it be?

No fever, mucus is clear, and he acts normal.
I think it maybe allergies but the doctor won't see him for a month! What could it be?

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 1:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Health

• We have allergies in our family...When we really deep clean it makes them worse because we stir up the dust and junk in the house...seek your ped...but sounds like allergies...our 19 and 12 year old have them and it sounds the same...Listen to your mothers heart.
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I always call the pediatrician to be on the safe side.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Re-Catching the same bug? It is a virus that mutates before passing to the next person... why flu shots are pointless because they only cover certain strands.

Only thing I can think it would be is catching it over and over?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:18 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• my boys are the same way since the begining of janurary!!! its driving me crazy. :/ boys kids. ugh stupid winter.
    i've been trying to clean everything constantly because i'm soo sick of this. idk what it is either. i just keep hoping if i keep washing their bedding/coats/toys, eventually it will go away.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have been cleaning like crazy too! I just replaced the filter to our heater. Dusted everything and I am just going nuts with him getting sick over and over. My 2 month old caught the cold once and that is it! he just has bad cradle cap! thanks
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• allergies
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Where do you live? Has the weather been wacky? Warm, cold, rainy, windy, sunny. I ask because i'm in Texas and because of the winter storms that have been rolling through just about EVERYONE is sick around here. Schools have closed several days, as a matter a fact the kids go in 3 hours late tomorrow.

If the weather has been weird then being sick for a long time can happen. The weather is not letting up allowing the body to take care of itself.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Sounds like allergies. Children's benedryl
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:54 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Allergys dear,they can last all year.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• take to doc
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2011