Whats the best thing to take for a cold when at 36wks pregnant?

lilcan1

Asked by lilcan1 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i think just tylenol...
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• no do not take tylenol....sudefed products are safe and nothing else really is
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Depends on the cold. Regular Sudafed for congestion, Robitussin for a cough. You can also try pregnancy tea with honey if your troat is sore. Many herbs aren't safe during pregnancy, but pregnancy tea is safe. I hope you feel better! Being sick while pregnant sucks. Been there!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• the netti pot should be safe and also you can run hot water from the sink and drape a towel over your head and breathe in the steam
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 2:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I had a cold while pregnant also and my obgyn said tylenol products were fine as well as regular robitussin-not dm.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• my doctor has been telling me since i was 25 weeks that only regular robitussin is something he will say is safe...but make sure you keep blowing your nose so that everything gets out and doesnt hang around..i had two colds in two months and he told me if i didnt blow my nose even for the smallest amount it would never go away completely and im here to say it worked!! robitussin helps loosen everything else up though and childrens benadryl helps if you need soemthing else
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011