Home Birth

If you've tried it, what has been your experience? Is there any specific resource on home birthing that is "better" or more informative than the rest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I will have my first home birth in April. I had my first at a midwife clinic last January. I think it is a wonderful experience. I labored at my own pace and could walk if I wanted. I wasn't hooked up to machines and was only checked every hour or so.
    One of the best reasons for a home birth is bacteria and infection. At a hospital you and your baby are exposed to every germ that walks in that place. At home, you already have immunities to everything and it is what your baby will bo exposed to on a daily basis.
    If you are concerned about midwives, just investigate. Most states have strict laws about what they have to have. My midwife is required to have a doctor that she can call if there are any problems, along with any medication or emergency items - iv's, oxygen, etc.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I am all for home birth. I'm all about staying away from a hospital. I will be having one in April, and also had a little girl 2 years ago. message me if you want.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008