Overweight and Pregnant

How many moms here were overweight when they got pregnant?

angelm523

Asked by angelm523 at 2:39 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Health

• Me, me...I was normal weight with our oldest. You couldn't even tell I was pg until I was 7 months. However, with the next 4 I was well over 200. My pregnancies were easy, I ate healthy and did very well. NO proplems with sugars or blood pressure..My children are 23, 19, 12, 7, and daughter last 3...I'm done now and want so badly to get under 200...I will continue to try until I get it right.
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I was. I weighed 195 with my first, 220 for the second and 235 for the third. I have very easy pregnancies and wonderful outcomes each time. I also have very easy labors.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I was underweight the first time and average weight the second and third times.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:45 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i was over weight but i didnt look it, i have a lot of muscle to my body.. as of right now, im "over weight" for my height etc... if u look at my picture u prob wouldnt think it. I am a healthy person but when i was pregnant i was like 10 lbs overweight....w/e i was satisfied.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I weighed 232 when I got pregnant. My last weight was 244, which was actually a huge jump, as in the first 30 weeks, I lost 10 lbs. I had no appetite. Then week 30 hit, and the baking binge began. The weight came right back on, plus the additional 12 lbs! Then I got up to 269 breastfeeding. I had a voracious appetite, and I didn't keep myself in check with portions or types of food. I've lost 48 lbs so far, which I'm thrilled with! I hope to be a normal weight before the next pregnancy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2011