Who cut the baby's cord?

Dh? Mine wasn't allowed to the first time due to a c-sec but the 2nd time around he did. It was quite thick lol

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 2:47 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• On my daughter, the cord was around her neck when I went into a contraction. The doctor tried to get the cord up and over but the contraction stressed the cord and it snapped at her belly button. All of a sudden a team of docs and nurses came out of the woodwork. So no one cut her cord.

With my son, the OB cut it.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 6:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My mom did. My husband about passed out when the doc asked him if he wanted to cut the cord. LMAO!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:48 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My SO did cut it and i also had a c section...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:48 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• DH cut it. I almost passed out/threw up when he did because of the sound lol. He was perfectly fine, though (which really surprised me).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My husband did both times:)
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:40 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• The first time the OB cut it (they'd had to call the NICU team in and were just trying to get him out), the 2nd and 3rd times my exhusband cut the cord. My 4th and 5th were csections so the OB did it.

Answer by missanc at 9:30 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My mom cut my oldest daughters and then SO cut my youngest daughters. SO will be the one to cut this ones cord too.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 10:32 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My OB, I had a c-section
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 12:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• DH did. He said it was hard to get through too! A lot tougher than he expected!
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My finace is worried about passing out during the labor process, I don't know if he could handle cutting the cord, and nor do I. haha So I am predicting the OB will.
    kristina.de

Answer by kristina.de at 10:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2011