Is this a good deal?

Today I found a 3 br house in the area I wanted to live in for $450 a month $450 deposit it comes with a building to store things in and a back deck as well . I live in eastern Tn. rent for a 3 br is usually 600 and up. It is an older home but has a heat pump the only con is....The house was big enough to make into a kinda duplex so someone lives in the basement that has been completly shut off from us , but still live underneath. I have two small children, a3 year old and a 1 year old. The people who I have not met have 3 children a 4,6,and 3 year old. I am worried about my kids annoying them like when they walk or throw a fit or something of that matter. I dont know if they would mind or not. I already signed a lease but have yet to pay and was wondering what you guys thought. i can still get out of it and all if needed. Is this a good deal or have to many cons? Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I personally wouldn't do it. I lived in apts for a long time and trust me, they will be able to hear everything you do. I used to hear the ppl above me dialing into the internet, having sex and even blowing their nose-no joke.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I'm going to guess that they are used to some "overhead noise," especially since they have small children themselves. Just be considerate of them, it sounds like a good value and affordable housing is hard to find!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Where I live a tiny little apartment is a steal if it is under $1,000 a month!!! Where on earth is a three bedroom HOUSE less than half of what I pay in rent now!!! Hahaha

I have a 3 and 5 year old and would NEVER live above anyone since I know my kids!!! I've seen the little one jump upand down in a fit?!?! Would hate to be anyone that was forced to live below us... LMAO
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have an older woman that lives above me and I can hear when she walks softly, the floor creeks!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I lived below a very heavy set lady and we knew everywhere she went in the apartment,thud thud thud all the time.We had a light tremmor,earth quake and she came down banging on all the doors its the end of the world ,its the end come out everyone!Well we had a big laugh.And stayed inside of course.No find a place that you can either rent to own or a detached house.Good luck!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2011