Door Alarms, please help

My father has the start of dememtia, he goes outside without my mother knowing, I would like to know if anyone know what where or what kinde of door alarm/buzzer that could help her to know when he is heading out side.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have an alarm system in our house and you have the option of turning on the door and window alarms...each time a door or window is open the alarm beeps. You can call any alarm company and I'm sure they will be able to install those for you.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Babies R Us has door alarms, we bought them because my autistic stepson would occasionally wander off. They are relatively inexpensive, you can install them on any door, and they are loud!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:07 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Alarm companies, Radio Shack, etc. All sorts of places can do what you are wanting.
    You also look for GPS that you keep in PJs, and pants to help if he does wander off.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:38 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My three year old knows how to open doors, and wakes up in the middleof the night to crawl into our bed... going to have to hit up Babies R Us myself for a door alarm!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You can buy door alarms at Home Depot or Lowes. We had to get them on all of our doors and windows when we had our pool put in. They aren't very expensive.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2011