Has this ever happen to you?

80s pinkif your period usually comes around the 5th and you suddenly start hanging around another female (at work or,move in with a female roommate) your cycle changes and you get your period the same time as her. it has happened to me numerous times, when a new woman gets hired at work it messes up my cycle or i mess hers up. what causes that???

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 6:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Health

• That's happened everywhere I've worked; all of us would end up cycling around the same time. It's (ancient) nature; back when there were a limited amount of males, it made sense to have everyone fertile at the same time - when the men came in from hunting the women would be ready to conceive.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I'm not sure what causes that but the whole time I was growing up in my parents' house I was on the same schedule as my mom. When I moved out I no longer was. I also had the same cycle as my 2 closest friends in hs.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:25 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• how weird lol. never happened to me so not sure pretty crazy though.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 6:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I know it's weird but it is very real...
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2011