Is the chinese gender calender accurate?

i am 34 and want to conceive second baby. but this time i want son as i already have a daughter. Nay suggestions or tips on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I's accurate 50% of the time. Toss a coin instead, it's easier.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 6:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Its worked for everyone i know. But we did it after conception..
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 6:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• As the PP said, it's 50% accurate. There is no way to choose gender, regardless of what certain companies claim.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Well it predicted that I would have a son, but so did my mom. Like everyone else said, 50/50 chance of getting it right.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It was correct for my son and wrong for my daughter. I used the Shettle's method to increase our chances of conceiving a son and daughter and got what I wanted both times. It is not 100%, but it is scientifically based and helps to increase the chances of one or the other.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:48 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It has a 50/50 chance everytime, but failed on all four of my kids. You stand a better chance for a boy if you have sex after you've ovulated. Male sperm are faster swimmers, but don't live as long. You can try the Shettle's method, just understand there is no guarantee.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It wasn't right for me. It said I was having a boy & it's a girl! The only way to guarantee a specific sex is to do IVF with PGD (pre-implantation genetic diagnosis). When they remove your eggs, they fertilize them and with PGD they test them for genetic abnormalities & the sex. Then you can have a specific sex embryo implanted. BUT, there is no guarantee it will implant. There is about a 24% chance each time you do implantation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• ~*Giggles*~ be me??? All I can seem to make are boys, and I tried everything to have a little girl...

I tease my boys, "God knew how much mommy loved boys, that is why he gave her so many to raise"... Hahahaha!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Scient is the only thing I didn't try... would need to check your ovulations, and when you have sex... the closer to ovulation is supposed to be more likely to be a boy, and since sperm lives up to 7 days, the male die faster for whatever reason, and more likely if few days before ovulation to be a girl

Which is funny considering I heard women I knew that rarely had sex with their hubbys had girls and those with male did itmore with hubby.. don't think this is anything but "Funny"
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 10, 2011