2 much of a good thing

Okay so you know how some men are the "want what you can't have" type? Well, I've learned that they like the chase, and once they have you, it's no longer a challenge and it loses some appeal. I wonder, if women played hard to get (once our men have us), if they would be more attentive, possibly because they feel that sense of having to work for attention i.e having a challenge. It seems like my man gets so used to me taking care of him/showering him with affection, that it gets kind of old. Is too much of a good thing really a bad thing? Do men still want "the challenge"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• i think they do. but not like how it was before you got married.
    i try to have my own thing to do seperate from him, and sometimes he'll come around and hang out with me to see what i do without him. my way of playing hard to get is doing my own thing every now and then.. and for some reason, when i dont invite him, he's so eager to go with me.
    its hard to explain, i hope u understand me. lol
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 1:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Ya know my SO seems to act as if it is too much, and I never thought of it the way you put it, but I did realize the more I backed off the more affectionate he was, so I believe they do like a chase and I'm sure everyone gets tired of a certain amount of affection at some point.
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I understand completely. It's funny you say that because when I mentioned going back to the gym, he was like "why do you wanna do that? Other men are there and you might talk to them, and I won't know. Maybe we should do things together" lol I though "OH NO, you do YOUR thing, I'll do MINE. lol
    Anonymous

• lol. exactly! it kinda flatters me that he gets a lil jealous over something that isnt going to happen. lol makes me realize he still thinks im going to get attention from men like that when i really dont. lol
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 1:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I guess imagine it in the reverse. Let's say your hubby was always hovering over you - anticipating your every need, always thinking about you, cuddling and kissing you all the time, watching your moods and worrying if you seemed quiet or distant. How long before you felt like "Gawd!!! Get a life!" I think men like it if we have a part of our lives that are our own. A little mystery. Not game playing or hard-to-get games. But truly having a mind and interests of your own. That was what drew him to you in the first place. You were a mystery and this person who had a life outside of his.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• dunno, i never give my hubbs what he wants anyways, he has to work for everything i give him...married for 5 years and he's still working for it.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 1:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I agree with chyna doll completely.
    sdms

Answer by sdms at 3:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2008