What is goning on with teachers today? Teachers are choking kids and having sex with them what in the world is happening and why isnt the school borad checking in on this

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 7:22 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Teachers are a huge asset and I applaud them for their hard work... these incidences you are referring to are VERY isolated and far from the norm.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• being a teacher is very much hard work, parents do not realize what a good teacher goes through in a day and with so many different personalities and there is nothing you can do about it. I think it should be required to have video cameras in classrooms and parents then have the ability to stream what is going on through their computer. Then the teachers who have the ability to cross the line will be kept in check and the good teachers can been for their hard work and tolerance/patience. and the kids behavior can be revealed for what it is because they are not the sweety pies they are at home.
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 7:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Today?
    My best friend started dating a teacher when we were in the 8th grade. That was 31 years ago. She dated him until she was in her 20's. The school board knew it, the students knew it, his wife knew it, and his bowling buddies knew it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I agree, these incidents are not the norm. Teaching has become more about politics and less about the actual education of children - and you can thank the NCLB policy for that. Teachers are over-worked, under-paid and over-stressed. I would never condone violence or sexual relations with a child, but again, these are not the norm - and there are people in every profession that should have never been there. It's also important to remember that many kids that are "little angels" to their parents are not so perfect when at school. The collapse of the family is causing more and more kids to raise themselves - and it's showing. There are so many everyday issues that are wrong with our education system, using the few bad apples to judge teachers who dedicate so much of themselves to a failing system and a growning number of kids who just don't care is not accurate or appropriate.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• TEACHER UNIONS... they keep in the truly crappy teachers and give those that are amazing a bad name because those horrible ones don't exactly become nice/better ebcause they have job security??? The school principal's job is a freaking joke... they can't fire a teacher!!! I had a teacher litterally physically assualt my older son, and my kid was the one doing therapy while she is still teaching!!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• In Jr. High I had a friend that was dating a teacher!!! It happens all the time... just doesn't get reported as much back than as those coming forward now! She dated the guy clear into high school... he was in his 50s and back than I was just like *Eeww* when they'd kiss!!!

Plus the coach in the school was a pervert... he'd make it clear he was looking at girls rear ends, and there were a few Jr. High students he had?!?!

Just because parents aren't being told doesn't mean it doesn't happen... they might be me and a lot of kids like me, and too afraid to speak up?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 10, 2011