Why is there always someone that is telling someone else what to do?

who made some of these people on here the rule makers? its like ninety percent of the questions i read there is always someone responding telling them what to do instead of giving advice. there was a tax return question someone responded by telling them what to do with their refund,there was a tattoo question someone responded by telling them not to get a tattoo,i asked an animal question someone responded by telling me i need to do more research. wow really?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 7:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• sometimes it is the only way a person knows how to respond. we are moms here and so used to telling others, like family for instance what to do, so some forget the difference between giving orders and giving advice
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 8:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• public forum
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Is it that they are asking for advice and opinions and others are giving them?

Answer by Bmat at 7:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• well if you cant just give good advice or phrase the question to make it sound like your personal opinion and not an order. or to try not to make the person feel like a moron than maybe you shouldnt answer the question at all. jmo
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 7:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• bmat hey you no but seriously you know what i am saying?
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 7:54 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I think when someone asks a question they should be prepared for the answers whether they like them or not.

Answer by gemgem at 7:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• TRYING TO HELP REMINDER
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:01 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I guess it depends on how you take the response. If I asked about a tattoo and someone said "don't get one", to me they are giving advice (advising me not to get one). Same goes about a pet question. If someone replies "do more research", I would take that as their advice not a command to do it.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• okay alotleft i think you get what i am trying to say as for the pet question i am referring to no,the person acted like i had absolutely no clue. but i guess i am out numbered here. i know this site is for advice its just the way some people give it. have a good one ladies.
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 8:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Internet or real life, it's all the same!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2011