Is it too soon?

I am 10dpo and my EPT is neg. Do you think its to early still? I have every dang symptom except sore boobs it seems! What day did u get ur BFP?

ttcforever6391

Asked by ttcforever6391 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• With a first response test I got it the day after my missed period. It said Negative the day before but a cheapo test said positive.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:01 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yes it is too soon. There's a reason they call it a "two week wait". Ideally you should only test after you miss your cycle. I know it can be hard and drive you crazy, but you need to allow the HCG hormone to build up if you are in fact pregnant.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:21 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I took 3 different pregnancy test when I was 3 days late, First Response gave me 2 line but VERY faint, EPT gave me a VERY faint plus sign like super faint you had to really look at it to point it out, Clear Blue gave me a BFP plus sign, so I think Clear Blue is better because it's more sensitive. I went to my doctors & it was confirmed I'M PREGNANT! =)

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 9:25 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I always use Clear Blue (the one that actually spells out the result) I had a test come positive just a few days after I had conceived. It was crazy how early I found out.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yes WAY to early.

Definately wait at least 4 more days before testing again.

I didn't get a BFP until 5 weeks (one week after AF was due) with my last baby depite the fact that I took one at 11 DPO, 12 DPO, 13, DPO, 15 DPO, and 17 DPO. All of the ones before 20 DPO were negative and then I got 2 BFPs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Could be too early. My NFP coach says to test Peak + 17 ... So maybe in another week... or an early test in a couple of days.

I HATE WAITING! ... Sorry... had to vent that...
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• thanks ladies... i will not take another one till at least monday... lol AND YES :ANGELM523 i hate waiting too!
    ttcforever6391

Comment by ttcforever6391 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You won't get a positive until at least a few days after implantation, and that only with one of the more sensitive tests that specifically says it's accurate up to 5 days before a missed period. If you didn't ovulate until recently, it's definitely too early. And even if you did, it can take more than that few days' minimum to build up enough hCG to be detectable. Wait a few days and test again.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2011