How would you deal with this?

two years ago on the 25th my father passed away. i have two older sister one that lives in the same state as my parents and i and one who lives in georgia. when my father was ill my sister here was no hellp and never came to see him. even when he was passing we called and she never showed. last year my mother fell ill was in the hospital on a vent and almost died also. my sister in georgia wanted to just pull the vent and let her die. i would not let that happen and she made a remarkable recovery. however we could not let her go home to stay by herself due to her falling all the time sooo she came to stay with me and my family for a month. which was hell but i wont get into that. but we got her in an assisted livin facility since than my sisters have told her all kinds of lies about how i sold her home and all of her stuff in it. and now she is mad and wont talk to me i did not sell her belongings i have them stored in my home the only thing i sold was her furniture that i could not store. and the money helped pay for her meds and housing. the trailer she lived in was literally falling about and could not be sold so i just signed it over to the owner of the trailer park with no money exchanged. i tried to clear this up with my mother but my sisters are in the middle of it and making her think i betrayed her. what should i do?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• ~*Wow*~.. bet it feels like a smack in the face to be the only one to step up and "do" something than have those that are probably looking to profit step up after the fact to salvage what they can get? And doubt what she has is worth much...

I would give all her stuff back to her, ask she store it, show copies of what you signed and did, and let her come to her own conclusions?!?! Include the bills... paid and how?

"Proof is in the Pudding"!!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Nothing. You just keep taking care of your mother and let them talk. You know you are doing the right thing by her and what they say or think doesnt matter. Your mom probably knows in her heart you are the one who has always been there for her and wouldnt hurt her. You obviously cannot trust your sisters to do anything for her, so you cant just give up. I would try talking to your mom one on one and ask her to just listen then she can respond. Tell her exactly what happened, and why. Remind her your sister didnt even come when your dad was sick and she wanted to pull the plug on her when she fell. Tell her if not for you then she wouldnt be alive and she would have no where to live right now.

Answer by gemgem at 9:16 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• oh wow! It seems like it is a big mess. I think maybe your mom and you and your sisters need to all sit down and discuss this. Funny how your sisters wanted no responsibility for your mom and when you stepped up they used it against you. Do you think your sister is mad that you did not let her pull the plug, in hopes she would gain financially but since you mom made a recovery her money is going to help pay for her stay at the Assisted Living Facility? People lose all sight about what family is about when they rationalize in terms of money......sad some people don't realize that the life of a family is not about money, it is about the person they were in your life and your love for them and vice versa.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:32 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Just try and talk to your mother, explain that to her, maybe write her a letter so that she can read it alone and digest it. Also maybe make an appointment with a therapist so you have somoene to talk to outside of the family during this difficult time. ((((HUGS))))
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• your sisters sound like some of my family, they never try to help but always expect help and then lie,lie,lie to start trouble, biggest crybabies I have ever seen, the best thing you can do is talk to your mother and if you have proof of the facts show her, but explain everything to her, the lies people tell always come back to bite them in the rear and they usually have to tell 10 lies to cover the 1st one they told, so just be honest with your momma!!!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:18 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Start by taking pictures of her stuff stored at your place. Then get a written statement from the park owner where her trailer was. If it would have been condemned, have him put it in writing. You don't have to badmouth your sisters. They will bury themselves. Show her the proof and let her take it from there. And I hope you keep receipts for her meds and assisted living costs, they are tax deductible. Keep an envelope for meds and medical supplies, anything and everything including Depends. Keep an envelope for the Assisted living costs. My mothers was around $3000 a month out-of-pocket. Keep an envelope for Medical bills including ambulance. Keep everything and label it well.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2011