Cycle should start today

My cycle should have started today. My last one was on January 14-20th and my husband and I had unprotected sex on the 20th and 21st of January. It is now February 10th and my cycle should have started today. I have had no PMS symptoms at all. What should I think about this?

Wiccangirl24

Asked by Wiccangirl24 at 9:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It's probably still too early to take a test so wait a few days and see if you start.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• If you think you are pregnant go to the dollar store and get a cheap test. Otherwise assume nature has changed your cycle. Age and hormones will alter your cycles. So will thyroid issues and weight gain/loss.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:30 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• If it doesn't show up then take a test. It seems that you have fairly short (rather than long) cycles which means it is very likely that you could have gotten pregnant from the intercourse you had on the 7th and 8th day of your cycle
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• The beginning of my last cycle was January 14th and ended on January 20th. We had sex on the day it ended and the next day twice. It should have started today. I am feeling really nauseous today and have no PMS symptoms at all. My cycle was 28 days with the next cycle to start today.
    Wiccangirl24

Comment by Wiccangirl24 (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Well, if you are sure it was due today then I would take an early response test.

I found an interesting article that talks about the sensitivity of the tests: http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/whenpregnancytest.html
    The site mentions some that are more sensitive, one of which is actually the cheapest kind at the store near my house. So I went ahead and bought a couple.

Good luck!
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2011