Middle Name Suggestions?

I'm having our last baby in a little over a month and it's my husbands turn to name our baby. It's a girl and her first name will be Kairie (pronounced Ky-ree) her second middle name is my middle name, Elise. But my husband has two 1st middle names picked out that I can't stand. He has Leeloo (red-head from the 5th Element) and Alyssa (for his sister I don't get along with most of the time..it's also another variation of my middle name). Another factor into this, I think if he wants to name our daughter after a sister, he should go with Noelle for his youngest sister. Not only is she the sweetest person, she's also a Godparent for this baby.

So, so far we have Kairie ______ Elise L___. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Baby Names

• If it's his "turn" then just let him pick the name. It's not that big a deal in the end. Although if I were you I would hate having my kid's middle name as Leeloo more than a SIL I didn't get along with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i like noelle go with that
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Technically it is his turn, but we've always had the understanding that if the other parent absolutely HATED the name, we'd pick another. Our first daughter's name (my turn) would have been completely different if he'd liked it. I can't figure out why he's being so stubborn about it this time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I'd remind him that you compromised on your other daughter's name cause HE did not like your choice, so now since you don't like this baby's name it is HIS turn to compromise. I would also remind him that since you are both parents to this baby you should name the baby names that you both like and can agree on.
    BTW- I think Noelle would be a pretty middle name
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• This is why I don't believe in taking turns naming. I really feel the decision needs to be made together. I like the name Noelle. It flows nice with the first name.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Well I thought of a suggestion for him too. Possibly a compromise. That isn't the only movie that he likes that actress in. He likes plenty of her movies...maybe I can convince him to go with her name instead. Her name is Milla (Mee-la). And I think I will point out that I completely changed our older daughter's WHOLE name because he didn't like it. I do think Noelle sounds good with the rest of the name, I'm still hoping he might go for that too. But just in case if any of you have any other suggestions, I'd like to look them over as well. For the record my husband likes names that are a little different and he loves movies and video games. Kairie is from Kairi in the video game Kingdom Hearts on Playstation.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Middle names are usually Anchor names, meaning they don't end in a vowel, with exceptions like Marie if the first/last anchor the anme already...

But you should name YOU child whatever You choose since it is ultimately you that has to live with it... google baby name sights and go through the lsists... I did even though I have 3 kids and never named any of them, Hahaha... S/O named all three
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I seriously thought Kairie was pronounced like Carrie instead of Ky-ree.

I think naming should be left up to the two of you as a mutual decision. I never let my husband decide on a name on his own. We looked through lists of names, wrote down the ones we liked and then compared. Whichever name of mine he didn't like, I tossed it. If I didn't like one of his names, he tossed it and we started all over.

I think if you don't like the names that your husband has chosen, then he should understand and try to find something else. Leeloo makes me think of a pet's name. Alyssa is a very beautiful name and since it's a variation of your middle name, look at it that way instead of your sister in-law's name. I personally think Alyssa flows beautifully with the whole name, but Noelle is pretty too. I just don't think it flows as well.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Kairie Noelle Elise has a nice ring to it. I would push the Noelle, especially since she is the godmother. I would NOT go with Leeloo, yuck!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• So l'm not saying Kairie is bad. I just wouldn't tell anyone you got it from a video game. Seems a little imature is you ask me.
    Anonymous