How do we go about adoptin a baby?

I just dont know were to turn right now and we want to adopt and were really not sure how? Were do we start? What do we need to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Adoption

• There are a lot of different routes in adoption.
    Foster care, domestic infant, international, embryo...
    Do you really want a "baby"? or a child or any age? That will really determine a lot. Keep in mind that there are babies available in foster care on occasion. If you are interested in Domestic Infant, be aware that there is a huge demand for babies and having an ethical adoption is key in any route. The process can take years for domestic, foster or international. The odds of being referred an infant in IA is slim..most kids are around 1-2 yrs of age at placement in an international placement. Google adoption agencies and request free information packets..research a lot. Talk with adoptees, first moms, and adoptive moms.
    I'm an adoptive mom to a little girl from China. She came home almost 4 years ago at the age of 17 months.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:54 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• the child does not have to be an infant i just dont want to go any older then 5yrs old and we dont care the race. wel just want to give a child a loving home, since i cant carry a child anymore we though of adoptiv
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I would contact an adoption agency or adoption lawyer and find out what you need to do to qualify and what paperwork you need to fill out. Good luck!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Have you thought about becoming a foster parent first?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• The best thing to do is contact an agency, if you need help finding one, I will be happy to help, just PM me. Anyway, contact an agency & attend an orientation. The orientations usually are mandatory, and talk about all types of adoptions. We started off wanting to adopt a child from Russia, and ended up fostering-to-adopt. Feel free to ask me anything along your journey! Another good thing to do is just google adoption agency and request information. This was helpful for dh. Best of luck on your impending paper pregnancy!!
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 6:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I called about 5 different agencies and wrote down questions that were important to me before I chose my agency. I think that could be a good place to start. Start calling agencies and see if you guys have similar goals etc.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 3:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Contact an agency. We used Bethany Christian Services and they were amazing. I'm sure you could talk to a councilor to try and figure out if you do indeed want to adopt and how you want to go about doing it. Good luck! Its very exciting!
    ladykyr

Answer by ladykyr at 1:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• If I were you I would NOT try for a baby. Attacking a mother who has just had/is going to have a baby with information about how she cant possibly raise it and YOU are so much more qualified is innapropriate and cruel. I wish you the best of luck on finding your child!
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 2:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2011