Question for people of Christian faith?

Do you believe in helping people that are under priviledged such as the poor or homeless?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Religious Debate

• shouldn't anyone be willing to do that with or without religious motivations?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Very much so...
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yes. I personally volunteer at our local soup kitchen and have volunteered at a local shelter downtown for families that opens during the winter and then I also work through outreaches at our church (food pantry, clothes closet, Christmas toy giveaway, etc.). I also volunteer and donate to our local Pregnancy LifeCare Center, which technically I guess it related to my prolife stance, but many of the girls and couples that come there for help are not financially well off.

Answer by missanc at 9:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I believe in serving others, absolutely yes, but one should do that regardless of their faith or lack thereof.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 9:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Anon- many people judge homeless people and do not want to help them regarless of religious affliations. However, where I live.. which is a pretty non-religious area... the majority of organizations that help the under priviledged are Christian based which I think is great. I don't know where our community would be without them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• yep
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• If you've read the Bible,especially the New Testament, you know that Jesus always hung out with the less fortunate, the "dredges of humanity" if you will. He set the example for ALL of us, Christian or not. Yes, I absolutely help others, whenever and wherever I can.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Great answer cbk! Yet many people still feel that it is appropriate to judge the less fortunate, and by not helping them that some how they will get back on their feet.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You're right, anon, and that's very tragic. If they are gonna profess to follow Christ, they need to live it, not just talk it.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• well yea!
    noelliekodasmum

Answer by noelliekodasmum at 10:33 AM on Feb. 10, 2011