How did you teach your child about time?

I would like to begin teaching my 3 year old son about time. He is beginning to understand the concept of today, and tomorrow. He understands earlier and later already. How would you teach a little one about hours and minutes?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 9:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I usually tell my daughter something like..."When the clock says 7, 3,0, that's when you'll take a bath." We have digital clocks everywhere, and she used to sit in our room and watch our clock change. So I started telling her what the numbers meant. Now she knows that in the morning (after her show) that at 7:30 wew leave for school. So just try to engage him with the numbers on the clock and so forth.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:15 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We bought a book that has the little clock figure with hands and one that is magnatised to the fridge... the one on the fridge I found in the dollar section at Target of all places... we buy those glow sticks for the kids all the time there as rewards... and stumbled across a froggy clock we stuck on the fridge

But both help... oh and free print outs online
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:38 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Digital clocks were a lot easier for us... they already had counting.... so the concept of counting to 10 makes a ten spot... visual with written numbers... the one turns into a 2... than a 3... etc
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 10, 2011