I know i am not the first women to have kids very close in age. My son will be a year old in August and I am due with my second in December. Any suggeestions to make it easier for my son?

no1sbabygirl81

Asked by no1sbabygirl81 at 5:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have mommy and little one time get him a baby to take care of while you are busy with the little one have him have daddy time to. The daddy time is what helps most at the end of the day and the baby is what helps when you are trying to take care of the new one when he wants to . Mine are 19 months apart you will love it when you get a rutine going congradulations and good luck.
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 7:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• My boys are also 19 months apart. I talked to the older one about the baby constantly when I was pregnant with his brother. When he came, there was no jealousy. Only excitement. Sometimes too much. He always wanted to help. I also made sure to include him in things and never told him he couldn't play with the babys toys. I tried extra hard not to leave him out of anything. They are 11 and 9 now and fight all the time. I wish they got along like they did when they were little again!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• my babies are 15 months apart. My son is 7 weeks old and my daughter is starting to like him now. When we first brought him home she tried stepping on him, but I got her involved in taking care of him. Now she brings me diapers, blankets and pacifiers. If he is fussy, she will rock his car seat or get his swing moving again.
    When I was pregnant, I talked to her about the baby. She used to play 'peek-a-boo' with the 'baby', by lifting my shirt up and touching my belly.
    I am a stay at home mom so my daughter was with me 24/7 but now she's getting used to having another baby around.
    Lizzie_Beth

Answer by Lizzie_Beth at 12:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I had my two oldest close together. I read tons of books about it. They are 16months apart. First I would suggest letting your oldest know the baby is coming. Get him/her involved in everything. Get a babydoll (even for a boy) pretend the doll is your baby and teach them to be gentle. It is really good to have them close together:) You have a little helper. If you keep them involded in the new baby stuff you won't have much trouble.
    Teritryme

Answer by Teritryme at 12:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2008