HELP IUD Question might be tmi

I got my IUD 3 weeks ago and after 3 weeks of bleeding stuff that looked like tissue is comming out as I wipe. is this normal I am kind of freaking out. thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Health

• Its normal. The body has to get rid of the uterine lining. This happened to me for a while after.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• (orignial poster) thank you I was worried. I knew I wasnt preggers before getting it but then I started to worry thank you I can breathe again.
    Anonymous

• It is normal- but sometimes your uterus can be "unstable" and they have to put you on hormones for 10 days. I had my IUD out last year and at first I was just bleeding with some tissue. Then one night- I bleed so much- it woke me up and I had stained the sheets. So I called my doctor- she put me on hormones for 10 days and I was back to normal before I knew it. So it is normal- but if it doesn't get better- call your doctor and ask. Those hormones made quite a difference for me!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2008