Does anyone have any ideas on how to decorate a car or float for a parade with a theme of "A Mother's Love"?

My 17 year old daughter will be riding in a parade on Mother's Day for our towns annual "Valley of Flowers" celebration. The theme of the parade is "A Mother's Love" We have access to a car or a trailer.

jybanholzer

Asked by jybanholzer at 10:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• When I googled "A mothers love" this is what popped up.  Maybe pictures of people you know with their children. 

MrsHouston47302

• I was thinking maybe choosing public or local figures of mothers, living or deceased , throughout history, who are held up as exceptional mothers, using large posters...(as the other lady suggested.) .. ...(It just depends on how emotional you want to get) ...I also had visions of maybe moms (made of paper mache, holding their infants...or maybe a flexible mannequin in loving positions with baby dolls or young children mannequins or a real person with a lifelike doll.( for safety reasons)..I also see a lot of roses worked in, also, somehow....Will you be making paper flowers or using real ones....?
    This sounds lovely...Please keep us posted on the progress....
    VeronicaTex

Answer by VeronicaTex at 11:15 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• a scene that shows the moving through life. A rocking chair with a grandmother, a mother with a teenager, a mother with a younger child, and a mother with an infant. Could be one mother with all different ages of children. Signs across the sides that says, no matter your age, a mother's love is always strong, or something like that. It was an idea... :-)
    ciarradivinity

Answer by ciarradivinity at 11:30 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Oh I remember in high school building a float. I don't think they do that anymore. I love floats. I love the idea from ciarradivinity. You could use real people except the baby like VeronicaTex said for safety reasons. a mom brushing her little girls hair, 1 looking at a teen magazine with her girl, , you could go crazy with this. but don't! we have enough crazy people. lol I wanna help! remember the chicken wire and all those paper flowers that you have to make?" A mother's love lasts forever" would be a good sign for the sides too. I like ciarradivinity's too. Take pics and show us! Man I hate missin all the fun. lol
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 9:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2011