I am thinking I am going to start my baby on Juice. Quick question..

If I buy the Special gerber baby Apple juice. In the small bottles can I bring that on the Airplane when we go on vacation next week?? and Also does it need to be diluted.?

staciepi

Asked by staciepi at 10:35 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always dilute juice by mixing it half and half with water. Double check with the airlines to be sure but when I flew a year and a half ago I could bring a reasonable amount of liquids for my daughter, in other words enough to get us thru the flight, possible delays, etc, but not a case of apple juice or anything like that. Although, this was actually in regards to formula and breast milk so double check about the juice. I could see them arguing that you can buy juice at the airport once you get past security so you might not need to bring your own. But I bet if it was already in a bottle or sippy cup that would be better.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yes, dilute the juice,that way baby is getting water too very healthy,so is the juice by itself but that is when baby is older.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:42 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Juice is pretty much just liquid sugar. Kids do NOT need juice. But if you're going to give it to him anyways, diluting it is a good idea.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 10:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I am with you SuperChicken. We are going to be on a plane for over 7 hours and she is 6 months and I just thought juice other than water would be a lot more fun to drink than just water.
    staciepi

Comment by staciepi (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• is this a breast fed baby or formula fed?
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Your child will only need the breast or bottle for those 6 hours. Forget the juice

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I would dilute ANY juice, baby or not. It's not NEEDED, so personally, I'd stay away from it, but if you really want to, def dilute it a lot.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• The special gerber kind does not need to be diluted. I would check with the airline. You may have to put it in an actually bottle to get it on.
    momma2grlz

Answer by momma2grlz at 12:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• All Juice should be diluted at least half water until they are over a year old. But I agree with some other commenters. Juice is really not good for babies, and I would wait. And FYI, all juice will soften a babies stool and apple juice is the WORST. I think an airplane ride is not a good time to try new things.
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 5:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011