Have you used coconut oil for your child's eczema?

I have two kids with terrible eczema. I've recently bought a tub of coconut oil to use for dandruff on their scalps. I have only used it once and so far there is an improvement. I am wondering if any one has used coconut oil on their baby's eczema? I bought Louanna's cooking coconut oil. It's 100% coconut oil but I'm wondering if this can be used the same way and how do you apply it to the eczema?

svdbygrace

Asked by svdbygrace at 10:42 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Health

• i dont know but let me know if it works for eczema elsewhere on the body. my dd has it and the lotions and stuff just dont seem to be doing much.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My GS has severe eczema. Coconut oil isn't one we could use (he's allergic to tree nuts) but I know the frustration and it would certainly be worth a try.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yes, absolutely. It can also be ingested for its many health benefits.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2011