Bed wetting at 4 years old.

My son is still wetting the bed. It's causing a horrible rash on his bottom. Any tips on how to help him get up in the night to go pee??

jmgblair10

Asked by jmgblair10 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son did the same thing and the only conclusion that I came up with that actually worked was waking him up in the night to go to the bathroom.

bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Don't let him drink before he goes to bed and make sure he pees before he gets in the bed.  Do you leave a light on, or a night light? 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I would bring him to the Pediatrician for the rash. I would also let him wear a diaper or pull up for bed, he is still young and every child is different especially boys. I am curious about the rash though, it is caused by something else I think. Tell him to wake you if he wets his diaper & is uncomfortable at night to keep him dry.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• ~*Awe*~... Poor lil man!!! Most you can do is those plastic covers on the mattress, clean it up as soon as possible, and not make him feel horrible since he has no control over what happens in his sleep.... try Pull-Ups
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You might need to get up and take him.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Ive been getting up and taking him. He is wearing a pull up. We have an appt for the rash. I'm not exactly sure what is causing it... the wetting of the bed or something else.
    jmgblair10

Comment by jmgblair10 (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I am a healthcare worker and I worked in a clients home her son was 7 years old and the doctor said that it is some kind of problem with his bladder. When he turned 8,the doctor gave him pills to help him control the bladder. Bring your child to a pediatrician,the doctor should have u go to a pediatric urologist. Take your child soon. Keep me updated. Please message me.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:06 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• The bedwetting is 100% causing the rash. He wets and the skin is exposed to that and it gets irritated.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2011