What would make you visit Detroit?

I'm guessing it wouldn't be a statue of robocop, right?

http://www.freep.com/article/20110209/NEWS01/102090352/0/BUSINESS0101/Mayor-Bing-Detroit-won-t-build-RoboCop-statue?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Would you support your cash strapped city using money on something like this?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 10:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I have no interest in visiting Detroit.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Only an emergency plane landing! LOL! Just kidding, I'm sure it has many historical attractions.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:01 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I'm not sure there is anything that would make me want to visit Detroit, or Cleveland, or Newark or East Los Angeles...just sayin'
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Detroit - not a city I would ever decide deliberately visit. I have been before, but it was a side trip on the way to Canada.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I've been to Detroit and had a good time. There's a restaurant there with a waterfall inside and they had great sweet potato fries. But a statue of Robocop wouldn't make me go back.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 11:11 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Nothing that I know of. I like to make trips that can also accommodate visiting family and I don't have any in that area.

A statue of Robocop isn't high on my list of priorities.   Now, if it were actually a big robot?  That might be something worth seeing.   LOL.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No, I would not come up there to see a RoboCop statue. LOL

I would go to the some of the surrounding cities in the area to see family, but it's been a while since I've been to Detroit. Last time I went to MI was two years ago for a wedding.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Robo cop?? really???

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I would like to go to Detroit and visit with all of the CM members that " used " to be on this site from there and favored Obama 2006 through 2009. I wonder where they all went? What happened to Detroit anyway? teehee
    Nope, no Detroit for me, I might layover in the airport but that's about it Statue or not.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I am a GM brat... I have been to Detroit.... No thanks..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 10, 2011