sick baby

my son is 2 1/2 on sunday morning he woke up normally, he started eating breakfast with a glass of orange juice about 2 minutes later he started throwing up. he threw up alot all day long. i gave him pedialyte and crackers and tried to give him chicken noodle soup. once he got some of that in him it started to subside. then he ot diarrhea really bad. going through 10 diapers in one hour. this morning he woke up fine everything gone. any advice? of what it could have been.

jseibert

Asked by jseibert at 1:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Health

• sounds like a bug. me, my husband daughter and i had one a few months ago and we noticed it affectd everyone different. she had a fever and was tired. I had a fever, nausea and diahrea, my hubby just felt run down and fever. unfortuntely i visited my mom 2 days after it was over but her and my step dad got it., she said she just felt dead, had diahrea and throwing up. My step dad only had diahrea.but they had company from out of town adn they all got sick too........ We think we picked it up from the playground
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 1:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Sounds like a bit of a bug called gastroenteritis...what most people call a stomach flu.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• norovirus is going around like mad. We just had a college nearby that had something like 400 students out sick with it. My family and I got it last week. It jumped from me to everyone else within the week. It came on out of nowhere and lasted about 2 days. Violent emesis and watery diarrhea. and when it comes you better be by the bathroom. If thats what it is it's just a virus so just try to get plenty of fluids down him and watch for a temp if so treat it with tylenol or motrin. I would hold off on solids until it subsides.
    bearcat84

Answer by bearcat84 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2008